Scott Dolan is the Associate Dean for Business for the School of Business and Technology at Excelsior College, where he provides academic leadership for all graduate and undergraduate business degree programs. Prior to taking this position, Dr. Dolan served as the Executive Director of Accreditation, Assessment, and Strategy, where he was responsible for leading the continuous improvement efforts of the school including the development and management of the outcome assessment process in all the degree programs in the School of Business and Technology. Prior to joining Excelsior College in 2014, Dr. Dolan worked for a private program evaluation business conducting program evaluations of P-20 education programs. Dr. Dolan received his doctorate degree in Sociology from the University at Albany—State University of New York.
- Competency Based Education
- Program Evaluation
- Quantitative/Qualitative Data Analysis
- Ph.D., Sociology, University at Albany (SUNY), 2011
- B.A., Sociology and English, Loyola University of Maryland, 2000
Memberships and Affiliations
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute, Charlottesville, United States
- Lawrence, Karl, Scott Dolan, and Robin Berenson. 2016. “A New Competency-Based Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business” Pp 43-58 in Competency-Based Education & Assessment: The Excelsior Experience, edited by T. Goodyear. Albany, NY: Hudson Whitman.
- Moore, Gwen and Scott Dolan. 2012. “U.S. Elite and Public Views on Anti-Terrorist Military Action: Are Women Less Militaristic.” Historische Sozialforschung/Historical Social Research 37(1): 223-242
- Shih, Lifang, Scott Dolan, and Michael Johnson. July 2015. ABET Self-Study Report for the Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology. Excelsior College, School of Business and Technology, Albany NY.
- Scott V. Dolan, “Using Best Practices in Data Visualization to Improve Assessment Practice,” presented at ABET Annual Symosium. Ft. Lauderdale. 2016.
- Angela Lui, Scott Dolan, and Jessica Lamendola, “A Meta-Criteria Rubric System: Exploring its Perceived Efficacy, Usefulness, and Satisfaction in an Online College Setting,” presented at annual AERA conference. Washington D.C. 2016.
- Scott Dolan and Jessica Lamendola, “Identifying Effective Online instructors and instructional practices via the Red, Yelloe, Green (RYG) Faculty Evaluation,” presented at Drexel’s Annual Assessment Conference. Philadelphia. 2015.
- Robin Berenson and Scott Dolan, “Define, Design, Deliver!: Competency-Based Education at Excelsior College,” presented at annual meeting of IACBE. San Diego. 2015.
Selected Awards and Nominations
- Competency-Based Education Network (C-BEN) Excellence Award
For Leading Continuous Improvement Design workgroup. April 2016.
- Advanced Leadership Academy, Selection to Second Cohort
Excelsior College, Advanced Leadership Academy. October 2016.
- Employee of the Month, Excelsior College, School of Business and Technology. May 2015.