Dr. Lifang Shih is the Dean of the School of Business and Technology at Excelsior College. In this role, she ensures the School of Business and Technology offers high quality and career-ready academic programs in business and technology. Dr. Shih is also responsible for managing activities of faculty and staff relating to academic policies, course development, student services, learning and instruction and program growth. Her qualifications include: PhD Curriculum and Instruction, SUNY Albany; MS Curriculum Development & Instructional Technology, SUNY Albany; BA English Language & Literature, Tam Kang University, Taiwan. As an expert in learning technology and instructional design, Dr. Shih previously served as the Associate Dean of Technology at Excelsior College, Director of Outcomes Assessment and Accreditation, Director of Online Course Management at Excelsior College and an instructional designer at the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at University at Albany.
- Curriculum Development
- Instructional Technology
- Outcomes Assessment
- Program evaluation
- STEM Online Education
- Instructional Design
- Specialized Accreditation
- Doctor of Philosophy, Curriculum and Instruction, SUNY Albany, 2004
- Master of Science, Curriculum Development & Instructional Technology, SUNY Albany, 1998
- Bachelor of Science, English Language & Literature, TamKang University, Taiwan, 1995
- 2016 – Pathways of Learning that Opens Career Pathways in Cybersecurity. Proceedings from Anita Borg Institute Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conference. Houston, TX.
- 2015 – Towards and Integrative Learning Approach in Cybersecurity Education, InfoSecCD ’15 Proceedings of the 2015 on InfoSecCD ’15: Information Security Curriculum Development Conference, Kennesaw State University
- 2015 – Integrative and Experiential Learning Techniques in Cybersecurity Education, Roundtable session, The Colloguium for Information Systems Security Education, June 15-17, 2015, Las Vegas, NV.
- Advanced Leadership Academy, Excelsior College, Albany, NY. Spring 2016
- Academic Leadership Academy, The College of Education and The Center for the Study of Higher Education at Penn State University. March 2015
- Certified Peer Reviewer, Quality Matters Program (QM), Maryland. Fall 2013
- Promoting Community Cyber Security, The Center for Infrastructure Assurance and Security at the University of Texas at San Antonio. March 2011
- Essentials of Community Cyber Security, The Center for Infrastructure Assurance and Security at the University of Texas at San Antonio. March 2011
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines (UPE)
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT)
- Sloan Consortium – A consortium of institutions and organizations committed to quality online education (Sloan-C)