Chartered Marketer, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Will Trevor is the Faculty Program Director for Marketing in the School of Business and Technology, in which role he is responsible for overseeing and developing the college’s marketing programs. He has a background in sales and marketing, where he filled a range of positions encompassing both consumer-to-consumer and business-to-business markets and across a range of industries. His experience spans both agency-side and marketing management roles, which have helped to inform his perspective on marketing from both a practitioner and an academic angle. And as a longtime member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, he was recently honored to attain the designation of Chartered Marketer.
Will has taught in higher education for a number of years and on both sides of the Atlantic: in the UK as a faculty member with the University of Essex Online, Leeds Beckett University, Leeds City College, and Askham Bryan College; and in the USA he has taught for both Excelsior College and the University of the People. In 2013 Will was recognized for his qualifications and experience in the field of higher education and he became a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
From his practical experience in consultancy and market research, Will developed an academic interest in fields of marketing that relate to market research and the role of big data. He also explores issues of consumer behavior and the impact of the evolving field of behavioral economics on the marketing discipline. And his previous experience in sales also fuels an ongoing interest in sales and sales management and the role of sales professionals in a global context and in terms of cross-cultural issues.
Expertise & Research Interests
- Digital marketing
- Business-to-business marketing
- Business-to-consumer marketing
- Behavioral economics and marketing
- Marketing research
- Consumer behavior
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Global marketing and cross-cultural issues
- Social media marketing and management
- Selling and sales management
- Master of Arts in Marketing, University of Northampton, UK
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education, University of Huddersfield, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing
Professional Membership and Affiliations
- Chartered Marketer, Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy