COO, Presidents’ Forum
Tina Goodyear is the COO of the Presidents’ Forum, former executive director of the Center for the Assessment of Post-Traditional Learning at Excelsior College, and the former director of the National College Credit Recommendation Service, a NYS Board of Regents program linking workplace and nontraditional learning to college credit.
Her expertise and areas of interest include nontraditional education, prior learning assessment and partnerships between business, industry and education. In addition to her work in education, Grant has over fifteen years of experience in program management in the non-profit sector.
- Post-Secondary Nontraditional Education Policy
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
- Secondary ELA Education Theory and Practice
- Doctor of Education, Education Leadership and Management, Capella University (expected 2016)
- Master of Science, Secondary Education, State University of New York at Albany
- Bachelor of Arts, English, University of Connecticut
- “Assessing Outcomes and Competencies: A National Summit for Innovators in Education,” Panelist, CAEL, Washington, DC, 2013.
- “Congressional Staff Education Update, PLA and Competency Based Education,” Panelist, New America Foundation, 2013.
- “Empire State College’s Global Learning Qualifications Framework,” Lumina Grant, Expert Panel Member, 2013-2015.
- “National Policy Summit,” Association of Career and Technical Education, Panelist, Washington, DC, 2013.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Next Generation Leadership Challenges (NGLC) Breakthrough Models Incubator Leadership Academy, Member, 2014.
- New York State Regents Task Force on Distance Learning and Competency-Based Education, NYS Education Department, Member, 2013-2014.
- LearningCounts.org, Council for Adult and Experiential Learning, Advisory Board Member, 2012.
- Reading Strategies, State University of NY at Albany Graduate School, MSSE Program, Guest Lecturer, 2009, 2010.
- Prior Learning Assessment Inside Out, International Journal on Theory, Research and Practice in Prior Learning Assessment, Journal Reviewer.
- EvoLLLution, Contributor.
- Commission on Quality Assurance and Alternative Education, Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the Presidents’ Forum, Member, 2013-2014.