Faculty, School of Public Service
Michael Orticelle is a faculty member teaching criminal justice courses, such as counter terrorism and law enforcement, at Excelsior College. After 21 years working as a professional law enforcement officer, Mr. Orticelle has experience in investigations, patrol and administration. Mr. Orticelle gained his Masters in Public Policy and Administration with a concentration in Criminal Justice and Homeland Security from Walden University in Minneapolis, MN. Michael Orticelle is a member of the Criminal Justice Educators Association of New York State as well as over 10 years experience training high school students in peer mediation techniques as an alternative to violence in an inner city high school. Mr. Orticelle is also the Senior Training Technician for the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, organizing and creating in-service training for professional law enforcement throughout New York State.
- Criminal Justice
- Homeland Security
- Law Enforcement
- Police Administration
- Criminal Investigations
- ABD. All but dissertation: PhD in Public Policy and Administration concentrating in Criminal Justice and Homeland Security, Walden University, MN.
- MPA. Master of Public Policy and Administration concentrating in Criminal Justice and Homeland Security, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN.
- M.S. Master of Science concentrating in Commercial Real Estate Development and Investment, New York University, NY.
- B.B.A. Bachelor of Business Administration, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY.
- Northeast Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Conference, June 8 2011 Roger Williams University. Michael Israel Policy Panel, Presenter: 10 Years of Violations: The USA Patriot Act
- Criminal Justice Educators of New York State Conference, October 20, 2011, Lake Placid, NY. Student Session, Presenter: Careers in Criminal Justice
- Panel Moderator, South East Chapter of American Society of Public Administrators Annual Conference, October 6, 2012. Panel: Public Service Motivation
- Training Facilitator, Senior Training Technician with DCJS, organizing and creating in-service training for professional law enforcement throughout New York State
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Criminal Justice Educators Association of NYS (CJEANYS)
- Northeast Academy of Criminal Justice Services (NEACJS) 2010 – 2014
- American Society of Public Administration (ASPA) 2009 – 2014
- Essex County New York Ethics Committee, Chairman 2010 – 2014
- Lake Place/North Elba Joint Review Board 2005 – 2014