Adjunct faculty member, School of Business and Technology
Dr. Craig Nathanson works as an adjunct faculty member in the School of Business and Technology at Excelsior College. Dr. Nathanson is an educator, author and speaker in human and organizational growth. Dr. Nathanson has a Ph.D in Human and Organizational Systems, as well as Masters Degrees in Human Development and Telecommunications Management. He worked over twenty years in various senior management positions in U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Dr. Nathanson has written and published 6 books on work and mid-life development and management, including “The Best Manager: Getting better results through people.” Dr. Nathanson’s newest book “Joyful Work in the Second Half of Life: The Five Stages”, accumulates twenty years of research in the intersection of work and mid-life.
Two of Dr. Nathanson’s books have been translated and published in Vietnamese and available in Vietnam; “How to Reach Your Goals in Work and Life” and “The Best Manager” both published by D.T Books in Vietnam.
Additionally, Dr. Nathanson was one of the original founding members of Pandesic, the joint venture of Intel-Sap as one of the first e-commerce companies as well as a vice-president of People PC, a joint venture with Ford Motor Company.
Dr. Nathanson is also a motivational speaker, The Vocational Coach™ for mid-life adults, and workshop leader working with companies on the development of their organizations and people. His current research focus is on humanistic leadership, leadership through coaching, and professional development. Dr. Nathanson developed and leads a thriving online community at drcraignathanson.com which combines his work on leadership and joyful work.
Dr. Nathanson lives in Petaluma, California with his family.
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Growth
- Personal Development
- Doctor of Philosophy, Human and Organizational Systems, The Fielding Graduate University, 2013
- Master of Arts, Human Development, The Fielding Graduate University, 1996
- Master of Science, Telecommunications Management, Golden Gate University, 1989
- Bachelor of Arts, Human Relations and Organizational Behavior, 1979
- University of San Francisco – San Francisco, California
- California State University – East Bay, Hayward, California
- San Francisco State University, College of Management – San Francisco, California
- Benedictine University – Lisle, Illinois
- Normal University – Beijing, China
- Fudan University – Shanghai, China
- University of Liverpool – England
- University of Roehampton – England
- Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management – Belgium
- Excelsior College – Albany, New York
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Society of University Professors
- American Management Association
- Association of Humanistic Psychology
- Association of Small Book Publishers
- “Joyful work in Mid Life: The Five Stages,” author, 2013
- “Generation Y Aims for the Sky,” Business Day Magazine, Nigeria, 2014
- “The Good Leader is Human,” CEO Middle East magazine, 2016